“WOW!”

The concept of ‘PLN’ changed how I view social media. Personally, I am not a big fan of social media, so I only use Wechat or email to connect with people. But this reading helps me to see how we as learners are blessed in a network society. In my understanding of this week’s material, PLN consists of people who are passionate about a topic, and they help each other or motivate each other to further learn about this topic. During the process, members of PLN can all develop a new understanding of the topic; moreover, I also think there’s a ‘perspective shifting’ process going on in PLN, we might be challenged by different ideas, but that challenge keeps us stay in a ‘research mode’ and continue to explore what we can build from what we started.

“Wonder?”

What I do like to know further about this week’s material is in this reading, I get the idea of how people could intentionally build a PLN, but how we can get to expand the PLN? I know this week’s readings are concerned with the definition, however, I do look forward to learning about a concrete example of successful PLN built by professionals, I want to see how PLN works in real life.